We want to get the LGAs active with ACTIV8
Activ8 is an initiative to support the physical and mental wellbeing of those struggling this lockdown, especially those who have been forced to isolate. We've created the perfect sports pack that can be used from the comfort of your living room. Each pack includes a QR code that unlocks pre-recorded workout videos (by Get The Kids Fit) that are tailored to the equipment and that can be done at any time in any space.
The equipment can be used by one person, or an entire family. The workouts can be followed by all ages, and can be adapted in the case of injury or different ability. The videos show alternate exercises for different levels of fitness.
In addition, you can choose to donate a Sports and Fitness Pack to a family in need to various communities. We distribute to students in local schools as well as community centres to help get kids moving and off their devices!
A study conducted in 2020 found a substantial reduction of developing severe COVID-19 symptoms to those who had met the recommended physical activity guidelines compared to patients who had engaged in less physical activity or were consistently inactive.
Impacts of physical activity
Benefits of physical activity during the pandemic:
- Strengthens immune system which means being less susceptible to infections.
- Reduces the risk of High blood pressure
- Improves heart health
- Improves lung function
- Improves quality of sleep
- Reduces feelings of anxiety and depression
- Improves bone health, joint pain and stiffness
- Improves balance and coordination
- Improves mood and boosts energy
- Reduces the risk of Cancer
- Aids in healthy weight management